All materials should be at the curb by 7:00 am Wednesday morning. If refuse materials are not properly prepared, the garbage hauler may tag items and not pick them up at the curb. If you have questions or need to report a missed pickup of refuse, recycling, yard waste, or a bulky item, please contact the Mid Michigan Waste Authority at (989) 781-9555 or you may contact our office at (989) 695-9512.
- Unlimited number of garbage bags and/or cans containing regular household rubbish
- Refuse must be in bag or can no bigger than 35 gallons and must be securely fastened
- Refuse is collected weekly on every Wednesday in Tittabawassee Township
- Up to 2 large items, such as mattresses, furniture and appliances, allowed each week
- Set out items on regular trash day (Wednesday)
- Carpet must be rolled, cut into 4' lengths and weigh 50 lbs. or less. 1 roll=1 bulky item
- ITEMS WILL BE FLAGGED BY GARBAGE HAULER FOR LATER PICK UP-LEAVE AT CURB!
- One bundle of brush allowed each week
- Individual brush may be more than 2" in diameter
- Bundle brush with twine and place at curb next to refuse
- Bundles may be no more than 3'x 4' in size
- Includes grass clippings, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" diameter), etc. No root balls or stumps
- Place in 35 gallon or smaller trash can or paper yard waste bag weighing less than 50 lbs
- Cans need a "Yard Waste" sticker; bags do not ( yard waste stickers available at the Township Office for free)
- Weekly collection on Wednesday, April-November; Christmas Trees first two weeks in January
- Metal food, beverage cans, and glass are recyclable
- All plastics must have the resin code # in chasing arrows marked somewhere on the item
- Do not recycle styrofoam or plastic bags.
Any questions, please contact the Mid Michigan Waste Authority